Before we all start getting crazy at the thought of all the giving and receiving of beautiful books and making of awesome new friends which is to come, let's just get a few things out of the way shall we?
Firstly please take note of the new rule, which is that if you haven't taken part in a Ninja Book Swap before but want to take part in this one I must either know you (this can be just from chatting on twitter - @NinjaBookSwap) or you must have a past swapper who is willing to vouch for you. This doesn't mean that they will be responsible for whether or not you do the swap properly, but I would hope that if someone's willing to tell me they think you'll be a good swapper you would feel an obligation to live up to their expectation. If they're vouching for you they need to just send me a tweet saying 'hey, x is cool' or something similar so I know.
Now that's over, here's how the swap will work! As ever, please read all the rules first (there aren't many!) and if you are going to be unable to send by the deadline please miss this swap out, there'll be another one soon!
- Sign up for the Persephone swap using this form from today until June 11th. Sign up for the original swap using this form. Or sign up for two of one, or one of each, just make sure to fill in the form enough times, and if you're entering twice please put 'second entry' in the additional comments box so I know you've not done it by accident!
- Sometime over the next couple of days after sign up closes I will email you with the details of the person you'll be buying for. As per usual with ninja swap, this will not be the same as the person you receive from!
- Buy your person a book or two from their top four most wished for Persephone titles, or from their wishlist for the original swap.
- This is a mini swap so you do not make an entire parcel as you do with the spring and autumn swaps. All you have to do is send a book or two, which this time around must be a book published by Persephone Books (for the Persephone swap) or a book from their wishlist (for the original swap). You can find many of their titles on Amazon and Wordery (where they will also ship worldwide for free), and the entire catalogue is available from Persephone's own website, where they will gift wrap beautifully for you as well.
- Because it's a mini swap you may send directly from the place you purchase the books. Please include a gift note so they know who it's from and that it's a Ninja Swap gift. If there is no gift note option please send them an email or tweet to say hi and that the book was from you/is on its way!
- You must have sent your book/s by June 25th. If life intervenes and you're unable to please let us know as soon as possible so we can keep your person informed (firstname.lastname@example.org). We do understand that things can happen, however if you know at the outset you're unlikely to be able to send during the allotted time period please don't sign up this time around!
- Please email us to let us know when your book has been sent. If you send it yourself, please get proof of postage and attach a picture of it to the email, otherwise attach the order confirmation from wherever you've ordered the book from.
- Share your pictures of your Persephone loveliness using #ninjabookswap and #persephonebooks on twitter and Instagram, and enjoy discovering some hidden gems!
If you have any questions or issues please get in touch via email or twitter, I'm always happy to chat.
***Once again, the sign up form is here***
In case people want to do an original swap as well, I've decided to run one at the same time! The rules are all the same except that you need to submit a wishlist link or a list of ten books you'd like to read, and you MUST buy from your persons list! I just thought this might be easier for international people and means nobody has to miss out!
***Sign up for the ordinary mini swap here***